New Year - Fresh Start

After a tough year last year I'm expecting another tough one.  In November I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  This wasn't unexpected, I thought I'd be okay with it, but I'm finding it difficult to adjust.  I also have another neurology appointment later this month, as there is a suspected neurological problem too.  I have had health issues on and off since uni, nearly 20 years now!  In some ways I am lucky as I am not as bad as some with the condition, but everyday life is very difficult at the moment.  My family are also finding it hard to deal with.  Anyway, after no more than 2 1/2 hours of sleep due to pain, unusually I am feeling quite positive today.  So, enough of the moaning and let's get on with the blog!


Let's start with the Stampin' side of the blog:

I've been a Stampin' Up! demo for almost a year now, but stayed as a hobby demo rather than a business one.  One of my resolutions for the year is to stop hiding and start selling.  Once I get better at this blogging lark, I'll have a link to catalogues as I've seen others do, meanwhile if you are interested in looking at any of the products, leave me a message and I'll get a catalogue to you.  At the moment is a great time to buy from Stampin' Up! as it is the Sale-a-bration period.  The more you spend, the more free products you can earn.  Some are amazing!  I've got a few of the freebies myself, just need some time to play.  

This is a taster for the new Spring/Summer catalogue:


And here's the cover for the Sale-A-Bration:


These products are currently only available as free products with every £45/£90 spent in either the new Spring/Summer or Annual catalogues.

If you want a full look at the catalogues, go to my DBWS online store:


I apologise, that the blog and other sections are not up and running properly, another thing on my list to sort!

And now for the dreaded Slimmin' part!!!

I don't know quite where to start here!  Last year was a disaster weight wise.  I joined Slimming World early in the year, but only managed to lose and gain the same few lbs.  Admittedly, I had health issues to worry about, but I suppose ultimately my heart wasn't really in it.  I have now added about an extra half stone to my then weight.  I am now the heaviest I have ever been and HATE it!!  I really need to break the vicious cycle of:

feeling really down about my weight

SO

comforting eating because I feel down

leading me to feel even more down and eat more, arghh!

To be honest, being exhausted permanently doesn't help.  I can seem to keep going just enough to sort my family, but not myself.

So, it's time to take action.  Although my weight is not the cause of my illness, I am convinced it doesn't help matters.  I have researched diets for fibromyalgia, but there is not a 'one size fits all' diet out there as everyone's symptoms vary.

I have decided to use a lot of the Slimming World principles (as I know it is a lifestyle change that works), but also take note of what is/isn't good for fibromites.  A lot of it will be trial and error.

My pledge for the week is to drink more water, I have been advised not to drink hot drinks after 7pm, so plan to drink fruit infused water instead.  I'll keep you all updated on my weekly progress.

Next time I want to show some of my creations and let you know how my healthy eating is going.  Wish me Luck!

Lynn
x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jem's Blog Hop - February

Jem's January Blog Hop

Jem's Blog Hop - May - 'Sad to See You Go!' & 'So Glad You're Staying!'