Jem's January Blog Hop


Jem's January Blog Hop - New Catalogue! (Spring/Summer)

Happy New Year everyone.  Hope you all had a great Christmas.


You should be joining me from Sarah's blog.  If you missed it or are hopping backwards, use the following link:


I've made a few resolutions this year, one of which is Stampin' Up! related.

I'm planning to Blog more and try to evolve from a Hobby demo to running a small business.

I only pre-ordered one bundle from the Spring/Summer catalogue, but I love it's versatility.  I ordered the Sure Do Love You stamp set and Lots to Love framelits.  I decided to go with the obvious Valentine's creations, although I stayed away from cards.



I made the box first using the box die and 'Powder Pink' cardstock, I then cut out an aperture using the heart die.  Next I stamped the 'Sure Do Love You' using 'Berry Burst' ink and die cut that, attaching it to the front of the box using mini stampin' dimensionals.


I decided to keep the candle fairly simple.  I used the solid heart stamp with 'Powder Pink' ink, then scribbled over with a 'Berry Burst' stampin' write marker.  Once I had stamped this I stamped over the top with the sentiment stamp in 'Fresh Fig'.


I have definite improvements that I would make next time.  I creased the top of the box, which would be better not done, as you can see in the following photo, which shows the box closure.  I would possibly add an acetate window too.  The box could also be made with or topped with the coordinating DSP.  That will definitely be on my next order!





The next hopper is Amanda Bates, just click on this link:







Comments

  1. brilliant combo idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea! I’m not brave enough to try stamped candles, yours looks fab though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules, it's pretty easy. Pick some cheap candles up and just have a play! There are a few videos on YouTube, have a look.

      Delete
  3. Lovely project! I have to admit to these framelits completely passing me by! Love how you've used them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous box... fabulous candle... and now temptation faces me with the box die part... I completely missed it amongst all the hearts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what attracted me to the bundle too. Thanks Amanda

      Delete
  5. Very pretty and I'm very impressed with the box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely box and candle - never dared to stamp on a candle, but will do out one of these days xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. You should try it, it's easier than it looks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jem's Blog Hop - February

Jem's Blog Hop - May - 'Sad to See You Go!' & 'So Glad You're Staying!'