March Blog Hop - Spring/Easter



March - Easter/Spring


I'm not one for making/sending Easter cards, so I decided to go with the Spring theme.  My idea of spring is flowers and pastel colours.  It was my daughter's birthday yesterday, so she had a selection of pastel themed birthday cards.



I know Georgie loves the Pop of Paradise stamp set (as she bought it!), so that featured in my first design.  I'm not a fan of fussy cutting, but decided to have a go, I don't think I did too bad.  I think the flamingo would look at least as good in Flirty Flamingo and the leaves in Emerald Envy, but as I was using pastels I went for Sweet Sugarplum (stamped off) and Lemon Lime Twist.  I love how it turned out!




My next card also uses pastel colours along with the Sale-a-Bration Party Pandas stamp set.  I decided on a Lemon Lime Twist card base for this one and used some of the Sale-a-Bration memories and more cards.  It's quite a simple card, but I think it's effective.


It doesn't show up very well on photos, but I glittered the balloon using a Nuvo glitter pen, which picked up the colour too.



For my final card I decided to use one of my favourite stamp sets, Daisy Delight.  I love this set as I find it so versatile and when teamed up with the coordinating punch you can't go wrong.  I stamped the images first and then sponged through the stencil.  this was the first time I have sponged through a stencil, I tend to use them with the embossing paste, but I am really happy with the effect I got using different colour inks - I faded it out nearer the stamped images.


In hindsight I think this would possibly look better with a third stamped daisy, what do you think? 

Anyway, that's me done.  Hope you liked my Spring cards.  If  you want to have a go at these, my ingredients lists are below.

If you missed Karyn's previous blog in the hop, here is her link:


Otherwise, onwards to Julie's blog:






Ingredients

Flamingo card
Cardstock:  Whisper white 
Stamp sets:  Pop of Paradise 
                    Happy Birthday Gorgeous
                    Thoughtful Banners
Ink Pads:  Peekaboo Peach
                 Soft Sky
                 Sweet Sugarplum
                 Lemon Lime Twist
                 Basic Black
Gold washi tape (non-SU)

Party Panda card
Cardstock:  Lemon Lime Twist
                   Whisper White
Sweet Soiree Memories & More Card Pack (Sale-a-Bration)
Stamp sets:  Party Pandas (Sale-a-Bration)
                    Vertical Greetings
                    Basic Black
Stampin' Write Marker:  Soft Sky
Nuvo Glitter Pen (non-SU)

Daisy Delight card
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Stamp sets:  Daisy Delight
                    Happy Birthday Gorgeous
                    Thoughtful Banners
Ink Pads:  Wisteria Wonder
                 Sweet Sugarplum
                 Lemon Lime Twist
                 Peekaboo Peach
                 Soft Sky
                 Pool Party
                 Powder Pink
Stencil (from a Christmas set - possibly retired?)
Adhsive gems (non-SU)

Sale-a-Bration sets possibly only available until end of March.  To order, message me, or go to my online shop:  http://lynnsmith@stampinup.net

Comments

  1. A lovely range of cards - daisles look fine to me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely selection of pastel cards, really great makes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful with the freshness of Spring x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jem's Blog Hop - February

Jem's January Blog Hop

Jem's Blog Hop - May - 'Sad to See You Go!' & 'So Glad You're Staying!'