Jem's Blog Hop August 2017



Jem's August Blog Hop!


Fingers crossed this works.  You should be joining me from Amanda Bates blog.  In case you missed it use this link:


The theme this month is 'Anything But A Card'

This is my first blog as well as my first blog hop, so forgive me if it doesn't go to plan.  I'm hoping I can set this up and then edit tomorrow, as I have not yet completed my projects.  If not, then please view the previous post, but use the links from this one.  I will make sure it is scheduled slightly earlier than this one.

The first project I am completing is a scrapbook page in a box frame, a present for our new great nephew.  I also decided to make a matching one for his older sister too.


For the boy's frame I have used the Stampin' Up! 'A Little Wild' stamp set and matching thinlits.  I have used Dapper Denim, Marina Mist and Soft Sky cardstock for the circles, and Watermelon Wonder, Peekaboo Peach and Dapper Denim cardstock for the bunting.  To cut the bunting I used the retired Christmas Tree punch.  The lion was coloured using So Saffron Stamp n Write marker and an orange sharpie.  The name was printed using another retired product.  The Soft Sky circle was embossed using the Seaside embossing folder, and the small Marina Mist one using the Cable Knit folder.


For the girl's frame I am using the same stamp sets, but with powder pink ink and cardstock.  Unfortunately I didn't get chance to complete the girl's frame.

The other project I wanted to try was decorating a canvas.  Again, I'm afraid I didn't finish this.  I did however, experiment with putting colour on a canvas.  The left hand side was applying acrylic paint in two different ways.  The top right was Marina Mist applied using the aqua painters, the bottom right was Marina Mist applied with a sponge. The splodges were made using Wisteria Wonder ink refill and a spritzer.  I did/do plan to add some Stampin' Up! embellishments.



I hope you enjoyed these projects, next in the hop is Uma's

https://asenseofuma.blogspot.com/2017/08/home-sweet-home-take-two.html


Comments

  1. Lovely scrapbook frame... a treasured memento for sure... and the canvas looks really interesting and a fun project to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. I usually stick to cards, but have longed to branch out for a while. I have several scrapbooks waiting to be filled and have just purchased some Memories and More products too. Just need the time now! x

      Delete
  2. cute scrapbooking, it's good to get those precious photos displayed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uma, I have only tried scrapbooking once before, but it's something I want to do more of. x

      Delete
  3. Love them, I should try to do more scrapbooking of the millions ( well seems like it )of photos I have. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, me too. I have scrapbooks ready for each of the children from our once in a lifetime holiday last year, just need to print the photos now. x

      Delete
  4. Great ideas Lynn and congratulations on starting your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely frame thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this frame Lynn. I now need to do a wedding one. k x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jem's Blog Hop - February

Jem's January Blog Hop